With their constant evolution in color, fabrics, and ideas about what a hat can be, the designers who work at Kangol have a storied history that is fittingly impactful on the world of fashion and dates back to just after the first World War.
British milliner Jacques Spreiregen, a war veteran who never lost his eye for style or his sense of business, brought home the Basque style of beret from France and began producing them as everyday headwear for factory workers and the British military. Spreiregen worked hard to create dependable products. As a result, his newly branded Kangol hats (K for knitting, ANG for angora, and OL from wool) became the major supplier of berets worn by British troops in the second World War.
Following the Kangol Logo
Since those days, Kangol hats have been a major part of fashion history, with the Kangol logo being sported by the entire 1948 English Olympic team in that game’s opening ceremonies, as well as being seen on celebrities like The Beatles and even donned by people of importance such as Princess Diana. The brand’s willingness to evolve, adapt, and take bold risks made it the natural choice for the emerging hip-hop culture in America during the 1980s – as those pioneers in lyrics, sound, and swagger took Kangol hats to a new level of pop culture relevance.
Hollywood Celebrities Sport Kangol
With icons like LL Cool J, Notorious B.I.G., and Missy Elliot helping establish the brand on the street level, Hollywood also saw the arrival of Kangol as a fashion powerhouse with Samuel L Jackson and Wesley Snipes wearing the brand in their most notable roles, like “Jackie Brown” and “New Jack City,” respectively.
Items 1-12 of 17
- Wool 507Regular Price €75.00 Starting at €51.00
- Wool 504Regular Price €56.00 Starting at €37.50
- Wool 504 Earlap€61.00
- Wool LahinchRegular Price €75.00 Starting at €52.50
- Wool 504-SRegular Price €60.00 Starting at €41.25
- Ties That Bind CasualRegular Price €70.00 Starting at €48.75
- Wool Jax BeretRegular Price €62.00 Starting at €45.00
- Telephone Felt Barclay TrilbyOut of stock
- Wool Arnold TrilbyRegular Price €70.00 Starting at €48.75
- MONTY™ Wool Beret€52.00
- Wool HawkerRegular Price €62.00 Starting at €45.00
- Stripe CasualRegular Price €75.00 Starting at €52.50